Beach and summer time
Published April 5, 2008
Originally published at: https://web.archive.org/web/20080406053048/http://www.jonathanvincent.info/
It’s summer time once again. The temperature is rising and everybody want to cool down. Beach is the first one in mind when it comes to summer. Would you expect someone to spend his/her summer inside the freezer/refrigerator? I think not.
I’m craving to go to the beach this summer. The time where we cool down ourselves and balance the temperature inside our body. How I spend my summer is quite different. I can satisfy myself when I can get the chance to relax. Going out of town is one. Like….. Going to Cebu maybe, Bohol, Baguio or anywhere here in the Philippines.
If you’re goal is go to the beach, here’s my tip. This is based from my experiences:
- Always apply sun block lotion when going under the sun. UV rays can be lethal so better keep it safe.
- Wear sunglasses. That can protect your eyes from the tremendous effect and brightness of the sun.
- If you don’t know how to swim, better bathe on your level of water. You don’t want to risk the chance of drowning.
- Wear proper gear. Snorkels and goggles are a must. Diving fins is optional.
- And most importantly, enjoy. Going to the beach is not fun if you don’t enjoy. Better enjoy every minute of it.
If your goal is to go out of town and relax all the time, removing the stress in your life. I have a few tips:
- Plan before leaving. No plan = spoiled vacation.
- Book ahead of time. You don’t know the time. Every minute or second of it, you’ll never know, your favorite hotel or plane is fully booked on the time of your flight. So book ahead. At least 2 weeks before the said departure.
- Know the landmarks or tourist spots on the place you’re visiting. Take snapshots of the place. They serve as evidence when you go to that place. Don’t be like me. Whenever I visit Cebu City, I don’t visit the Magellan’s Cross in Mactan.
- If you can spare time, do a tour. Day tour or all day tour. Depending on the package. At least you get the chance to circle the place around.
- Last but not the least, be suspicious and be alert. You don’t know the place. You don’t want to risk the chance of being robbed. Know the local number of the police in that place.
With these, I can assure you that you can enjoy your beach and summer escapade. I’m not fond of traveling but when I travel with my mom, I can get tips to be applied in the future.
This work is licensed under CC BY-SA 4.0